I’ve finished the watercolor pencil phase of this drawing. Getting the fuzzy translucence of the clear, plastic fork was a major challenge. Thanks to my trusty eraser, I was able to convey a bit of that transparency. The delicate pattern on the china plate blurred and faded as you move from the foreground to the background. So, I tried to make the pattern less distinct and lighter on the farthest part of the plate. I’m happy with this drawing, but wish to experiment now with the watercolor brush dipped in a bit of water on parts of it. The color will become more saturated wherever I put the water. So, I want to do this methodically. This plate is now almost beginning to look pretty tasty!